What: The start of our Greek adventure in Crete
When: June 2017
Distance from home: 2233 miles
Length of adventure: 4 nights
Details: We recently went on an adventure to Greece and southern Italy spending nearly a week in both. The adventure began in Crete where we stayed in the old town in Rethymno.
What did we do?
- Hired a car and drove to the beach at Phalasarna where we swam in the sea.
- Went to Chania, explored the old town and had lunch.
- Had coffee and watched the boats in the Harbour in Rethymno old town.
- Explored the ruins a Knossos which were very hot!
- Pottered around the old town Rethymno.
- Had lunch in Panormos.
- Found a tiny beach down a dirt track and went for another swim in the sea.
- We also ate lots of amazing Greek food – every restaurant we went to in the old town was amazing!