What: A city break in Paris
When: November 2011
Distance from home: 344 Miles
Length of adventure: 3 nights
Details: Not long after we started going out Neil admitted he had never been to Paris so rather impulsively for a couple that had only been together for about 6 weeks we headed off to the city of love!
What did we do? As it was Neil’s first time and I’m a big fan of being a tourist we did all the obvious tourist sites which included:
- Gazing at the Eiffel Tower
- Seeing the Mona Lisa at The Louvre
- Going to the Musee d’Orsay to admire the amazing collection of impressionist art
- Having dinner at the Cafe de Flore
- Looking at the Paris skyline from Montmartre
- Eating lunch at Chartier
- Drinking lots of coffee and watching the world go by in St Germain
- Wondering along the Seine and having a look at the Sacre-Coeur
I’m sure there was more but those are the bits that stick in my mind. We went back to Paris in 2013 as part of a European jaunt but more about that in another post.